Polyclonal Antibodies are heterogeneous in nature i.e. they recognize a host of antigenic epitopes. They are antibodies from different B cells that recognize multiple epitopes on the same antigen. They are generally purified from the serum of immunised animals where the antigen of interest stimulates the B-lymphocytes to produce a diverse range of immunoglobulin's specific to that antigen.
• They have better specificity because they are produced by a large number of B cell clones each generating antibodies to a specific epitope.
• The polyclonal sera are a composite of antibodies with unique specificities.
• They have higher overall antibody affinity against the antigen due to recognition of multiple epitopes.
• They are ideal as the capture antibody in a Sandwich ELISA.
• They have greater ability to quickly capture the target protein.
Pro Lab provides polyclonal antibodies with wide selection of applications like ELISA, WB, IP, IF, FC etc.